Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Facts About Hunger In The Usa

Contrary to what many people think, hunger is also a big issue in the world’s most developed nations, especially the United States. It is a sad phenomenon that’s driven not so much by the lack of food as the persistence of poverty.




The term for this is “food insecurity,” which refers to the lack of consistent access to enough food for all the members of the household.It is prevalent in all the US states, with more and more people relying on food banks and pantries. In 2013 alone, a total of 17.5 million households were categorized as food insecure.

Today, 49 million Americans struggle to put food on the table. One of six Americans are facing hunger, with more than one in every five children at risk of going hungry. It’s regrettable that every year, 40% (about $165-billion worth) of food in the country gets thrown out, enough to feed 25 million Americans.

Image source:haikudeck.com

We must remember that hunger is a condition caused by various complex social and economic factors that leave people without access to sustainable livelihoods. Poverty is its root cause, and is often indicated by marginal income and limited access to healthcare, education, clothing, and shelter. In fact, five of the eight lowest-paying jobs in the USA are in the food system. We must find a way to alleviate hunger, beginning with small gestures and a mindset to effect change.

Randy Benderson is the President of Benderson Development, one of the largest and most diverse real estate developers in the U.S. Even outside the corporate world, the Benderson legacy aims to impact society with philanthropic efforts that will change the lives of thousands. For more on Randy’s work and advocacies, visit this website.

3 comments:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Mrs Nadia Albert from Russia, And i am a happy woman today through the help of a Loan lender, Mr Russ Harry. I will refer any person that is looking for a loan to this Loan firm. He gave  happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $500,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother. I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $500,000.00 US Dollar, at a low Rate. He is a God fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him Via E-mail-Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com /Whatsapp number+393511617486

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting (smithhackingcompanyltd@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: smithhackingcompanyltd@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(360)6370612

    ReplyDelete